Why Dhaka Residents Find Effective Treatment for Internet Addiction at The Cabin Dhaka
Although access to the internet can greatly increase productivity, as well as the quality of life for many people, excessive computer or online time can be counterproductive, isolating and harmful. The last ten years have seen a huge increase in internet addiction. Without treatment, internet addiction can cause serious negative consequences in a person’s life.
The most common types of internet addiction are:
- Cybersex Addiction – compulsive use of internet pornography, adult chat rooms or adult fantasy role-play sites, impacting negatively on real-life intimate relationships.
- Cyber-Relationship Addiction – addiction to social networking, chat rooms, texting and messaging to the point where virtual, online friends become more important than real-life relationships with family and friends.
- Net Compulsions – such as compulsive online gaming, stock trading, or compulsive use of online auction sites such as eBay, often resulting in financial and job-related problems.
- Information Overload – compulsive web surfing or database searching, leading to lower work productivity and less social interaction with family and friends.
- On-line gaming – web-based games such as Call of Duty or Warcraft have become major distractions to teens and adults alike.
- Computer Addiction – obsessive playing of off-line computer games, such as Solitaire or Minesweeper, or obsessive computer programming.
- Social Networking – Sites such as Facebook have created a new and very real danger to the recent generation.
In the last four to five years, the availability and low cost of “smart phones” and Wi-Fi access has resulted in an even bigger explosion of internet-related addictions. The impact on employee performance, student success and life satisfaction has been extreme.
While China, Korea and Taiwan have developed and offer treatment for internet addiction, The Cabin Dhaka is the first outpatient clinic in Bangladesh to offer a structured programme for this problem.
Our customised programme is based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and is designed to accommodate the client’s needs and lifestyle, while challenging and modifying the behaviours, triggers and mechanics of their addiction to cyber symptoms. While it is not the goal for clients to never again use computers or the internet, it is possible to adapt behaviour so that more desirable actions and limits are achievable.
Generally, internet addiction therapy can be completed on an outpatient basis in about 6 to 8 weeks, attending individual and/or group therapy sessions 2-3 times a week.
Residential Rehab Treatment for Internet Addiction at The Cabin Chiang Mai
The facilities at The Cabin Chiang Mai are set amid the beautiful subtropical mountains of Northern Thailand. Our rehabilitation centre combines clinical care from the West and friendly hospitality from the East to create a unique inpatient addiction rehab centre. The programme boasts a 96% completion rate. While we do emphasise the physical and medical wellbeing of our patients, it is not our sole focus, and we also offer holistic exercises that will help get both the mind and the body of our patients healthy. The Cabin Chiang Mai offers a safe and discreet facility for Dhaka residents to start their new lives in recovery.